Planning the Project with Primavera P6 Enterprise
Primavera P6 is benefitial for many reasons, but in our opinion it is best known for being there for your project from beginning to end. Each project has a beginning, if you are just getting started ask yourself the following questions:
- How long will this project last? What are the dates that the project with start and finish?
- What activities will make up this project? What is the objective?
- Other than labor, what resources will be needed?
- Who will perform each task? Determine work hours, holidays and downtime.
- How much will the entire project cost? Think about any hidden costs as well.
- How much is within your project budget? Estimating in advance will help keeping you from overruns.
Determining the answers to these questions will help you create the skeleton to the body of your project!
And speaking of skeletons… You could easily compare a projects lifecycle to that of your own at times. We each have an internal schedule, daily activities to perform, costs, etc. All of which we have had time to manage and create a routine, allowing for slight bends along the way. Getting through the day-to-day can be difficult at times, but trying to plan the future seems nearly impossible.
Primavera P6 Enteprise Project Portfolio Management
Primavera P6 helps organizations plan out projects to make sure that they are completed in an efficient and cost effective manner. Many companies struggle to complete projects on time because they run in to delays, over distribute resources, surpass their budget, and schedule incorrectly. These mistakes are costly to companies and can be eradicated through efficient project management practices with Primavera P6.
Primavera P6 Quick Tip of the Day- Viewing 2 projects at the same time!
In order to view 2 projects at the same time:
Open the 2 projects you want to compare. In the Activity window, choose View then select Show on Bottom choose Gantt chart.
Your window should be divided with independent scroll bars, you can then assign each project to either window.